How do you prioritize and remediate vulnerabilities in your IT infrastructure?
How do you know which vulnerabilities have been addressed and when?
Do you need practical remediation actions to eliminate high‐risk vulnerabilities?
When a vulnerability in a critical systems remains unresolved, a security breach is just a matter of time. What does that mean to your business?
- Liability – potential lawsuits from customers, partners, even employees
- Compliance – fines from industry and federal organizations when you violate compliance requirements
- Cost – your business is out of pocket for legal fees, compliance fines and other costs associated with your security breach.
- Brand – loss of customers, loss of brand integrity
Continuous scanning and monitoring of your IT environment is a not a luxury, it’s a requirement. But do you have the time? And how do you interpret the mile‐long ‘list of vulnerabilities’ report and decide which issue should be tackled first?
Guardian Clarity for Security – Vulnerability Management service is a vulnerability lifecycle management service that will save your security team time, help them focus on prioritized issues, and generate easy to read and understand reports.
- Avoid potential security breaches through continual vulnerability scanning and analysis
- Identify vulnerabilities through regularly scans of your environment.
- Receive actionable, business prioritized remediation recommendations.
- Access relevant, easy to understand reports to share with the business as well as operational management.
Vulnerability lifecycle management is a process, not a tool, that addresses the identification, remediation, and reporting of vulnerabilities. It goes beyond vulnerability scanning to account for the IT, operational, and business functional uses of the information. Most vulnerabilitymanagement solutions focus on scanning the environment and identifying vulnerabilities. However, in order for this information to be useful it needs to be acted upon to remediate the identified areas of risk and report back to multiple management levels for governance, audit and operational purposes. Clarity is a service that conducts the scans, identifies and prioritizes the vulnerabilities, and then offers you flexibility and simplicity in the reporting. Through a web‐based portal, you see into your threat environment by:
- Systems Types
- Asset Category
You can also view key statistics about the quantity and criticality of vulnerabilities in your environment, as well as trending data.
Once you’ve experienced a security breach, how quickly can you search your log files to identify the source of the breach?
Are you able to use the data in your log files to proactively mitigate risk in your environment?
Optics for Security – Security Information Management is a managed service that provides a cohesive solution for managing information throughout the entire log lifecycle as well as providing security specific analysis and views of the log data. This security information management
service centralizes log data and provides automated correlation so you can quickly identify security threats, performance and configuration issues. The customer can leverage content‐based alarms and interactive tables, charts and graphs to help improve visibility into the security environment and provide support for compliance.
Log information can be used to:
- Review changes made to systems
- Monitor the health of systems
- Identify and track unusual user activity (from authorized as well as unauthorized users)
- and much more when they are managed effectively
In addition, costs are managed because the complete Optics solution eliminates the need to cobble together various point solutions and shifts expenses from a customer’s capital budget to their operational one.
Log Management is an approach to dealing with the large volumes of computer-related log information and encompasses log collection, aggregation, analysis and retention.
The service includes:
- Data Collection – Collection capabilities for virtually all available IT data types including SNMP, Syslog, Database, File, scripted inputs, and more
- Data Indexing – the collected data is centralized, parsed and indexed to allow for “google‐like” search capabilities
- Data Retention – the data is retained as per the customer requirements. This may be based on specified internal policy or dictated by regulatory compliance. The data may also be stored offline for longer‐term archiving.
- Data Analytics – the data is parsed, normalized, and interpreted to pull out events of interest
- Web Interface – the data is accessible via a secure web interface that can be used for searches, viewing reports, and managing the solution
- Reporting – the data is summarized based on customizable event criteria and can be viewed interactively via the web interface
- Alerting ‐ when data matches selected event criteria it becomes an “event of interest” When data becomes an “event of interest” the customer is alerted and appropriate action can be taken.
Highlights of Clarity:
- Unified platform for the collection of IT data from any system
- Once collected data is centralized and indexed to provide “google‐like” search capabilities
- Data is retained per customer or regulatory compliance requirements
- Guardian leverages centralized data to solve complex business problems
- Identify operational issues before they cause downtime
- Identify security problems such as “insider threat”
- Assist in investigations and e‐Discovery
- Identify configuration and performance issues
- Data is summarized into interactive tables, charts, and graphs
- Flexible and automated alerting for key events